We are focused on all aspects of creditor and collection defense and compliance.
We are experienced in finding solutions to assist creditors and collection agencies in fighting the entrepreneurial consumer bar and predatory consumer counsel.
As a boutique law firm defending the credit and collection industry, we emphasize creditor's rights and strong compliance policies. The firm has experience in assisting with all matters necessary to defend a company facing consumer and commercial litigation. We are keenly aware of the cost-benefit analysis associated with instituting, maintaining, and continuing a litigation matter. Let us work for you.
We handle civil litigation matters for businesses with an emphasis on defending the credit and collection industry in both the federal and state courts.
We negotiate and draft commercial contracts and assist business entities with negotiating vendor and/or client agreements. Additionally, we handle the creation and negotiation of account portfolio purchase agreements. Many business disputes could be avoided by investing more time and resources in the initial effort to properly establish the obligations and liabilities of the parties.
We handle a wide range of commercial disputes, including those that involve contracts, insurance coverage, partnership controversies, professional malpractice and violations of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
Arbitration & Mediation
Litigation and the eventual trial can use up an extraordinary amount of time, energy and resources. For that reason, it is often wise for the parties to try and resolve their dispute through alternative dispute resolution options such as mediation and arbitration.
Our focus on and commitment to the industry helps companies better understand the law, deters ongoing violations, and lessens legal expenses in the long term.
- Federal and State Trial and Appellate Representation
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Admission to the United States District Court for South Carolina
- Admission to the United States District Court for North Carolina for all three districts
- Member of ACA International
- South Carolina MAP State Chair 2011 to present
- Professional Collections Specialist Certificate since 2005
- Worked to adjust North Carolina law to specify language beneficial to the credit and collection industry